Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

My son was in a home daycare facility. He was coming up with bruises on his legs, and I was unsure of how he got them so just to be on the safe side I put in my 2 weeks notice. That Thursday he got a black eye, she stated that he fell out of the playpin, and then the following day he had another bruise on his forehead. I had enough and took my son out of the daycare. He was getting to many bruises so I took him out, and he never returned. However, I did not finish my 2 wks. She is now charging me $125.00 for the last week, and then $10 a day in late fees until we meet in court about 40 days later. My question is do you think I will still have to pay even though I took him out of daycare for his safety, and can she charge me $10 a day. I though there was a limit like 25% of original amount. I have reported her, but I am really curious if I am still going to have to pay her. I feel as though I shouldn't have to, and I think her late fee ($10 per day) is ridiculous and it couldn't possibly be legal.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

The trier of fact, i.e., the judge will determine that based upon the evidence

which each side presents to the court at the scheduled hearing.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms