Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

A girl I know is on supervised probation and has been for the past 3 years for 'Unlawful wounding.' With only a supposed few months left of probation, she has managed to get 3 additional charges one of which is a felony in the state of Va. The charges include; drive on suspended 3rd or subsequent, Grand larceny, and false pretense, along with a seat belt and speeding traffic tickets. What is the likely outcome for this individual in court, in your professional opinion? How often do individuals like this actually serve their remaining sentence?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Without even knowing the identity of "this individual court" , not to mention the

relevant facts relating to each of these charges, how could I possibly hazard an opinion?

Jonathan Simms Simms & Harris, PLLC

The probation officer will most likely file a violation. A hearing will be scheduled to determine if there has been a violation. This will most likely occur after her new case is resolved. In this case it appears as though there has been a violation, so she should hire an attorney to mitigate her exposure to incarceration. Jail time is not automatic. My firm handles probation violations.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia