Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

I plead to misdemeanor embezzlement as a lesser charge back in march. Is there anyway to have this expunged from my record? I'm getting conflicting answers from other sources; some saying because its a plea I can't have it removed or sealed. Others are saying that's not true. And if it is possible to expunge how would i go about doing so? Please help because this is drastically hindering my ability to obtain work and support my family.

Asked on 8/12/13, 10:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E Hendrickson Michael E Hendrickson

Unfortunately, there is no expungement in Virginia for any record of criminal

conviction whether misdemeanor or felony unless the defendant can prove

that s/he was wrongfully convicted of the offense and has received a pardon from the governor. (See Va. Code Sec. 19.2-392.2 et seq.)

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 2:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia