Virginia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/16/13, 1:21 pm

How do I go about getting pretrial diversion for Criminal Trespassing (Class 1 Misdemeanor) on a construction site and Underage Consumption of Alcohol?

I am a first time offender and show no evidence of repeated convictions. I don't have a lawyer so I'm wondering how to do this myself.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/17/13, 4:38 am by Michael E. Hendrickson

As far as I am aware, there is no "pretrial diversion" in the Commonwealth

for criminal trespass.

There is, however, a provision in Va. Code Sec 4.1-305 (underage consumption)

subsection F. which allows for deferred disposition for first time offenders of that

particular crime who fullfill the conditions required fir such disposition.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search