Virginia  |  Criminal Law

What would the sentencing guidelines be for a buy, sell, or possess over half ounce less than 5 pounds of marijuana happened in 2009 charged in 2011. I have 2 prior convictions for causing a juvenile to assist in distribution of marijuana in 1996, I was sentenced to 2 years in prison both sentences were run concurrently. I have a misdemeanor assault n battery in 2010, a misdemeanor marijuana possession n 1996, a dui in west virgina in 2011. I have no juvenile record and no other convictions in any court other than trafic court. I'm single never married, 39 years old male, have lived n va my whole life. I'm curious to see what the descretionary guidelines are and what if any alternative punishment I am elgible for. Thanks for your time!!!!

Answered on: 9/29/11, 6:22 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Curious, are you?

I hope that you're curious enough to have hired a competent criminal defense counsel by now to represent you in this latest criminal matter

and who should be able to do a preliminary run on the sentencing guideline

numbers in your case sufficient to satisfy your curiosity in the matter.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314