Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/19/13, 1:17 pm

Child support was set way below the guidelines with an understanding that my ex husband would pay half of our sons private school tuition. He has opted to ignore the agreement and now I'm paying the tuition on my own. I want to file for child support to be set to the guidelines, I have a case in DCSE because he wasn't paying the small amount we agreed on. I am pretty sure I can request this on my own without an attorney standing beside me, however do I need to "show cause" or just file the paper work with the original agreement attached to have it reviewed?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search