Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/06/13, 6:38 am

I am the father of 2 amazing boys. I gained physical custody of my boys 2 years ago because their mother was not in place to raise them. She had felony drug convictions, no drivers license, and was on probation. Now after all of this time, she is taking me back to court. She is no longer on probation, is married and has a stable home, none of which she had before. I fear that she might have a good chance of getting the boys. I am thinking about worse case scenario... running away with them to another country. Horrible thought to keep them away from their mother, but I feel they are better psychologically without her. I have no idea what the ramifications could be. If there is a statute of limitations. If their is jail time involved.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search