Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/25/13, 12:45 pm

My fiance and I have been raising his 7 year old son for the past 4 years. His birth mother has only seen him once since we got him. How can my fiance go about terminating her parental rights as an absent parent.

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/25/13, 1:16 pm by Robert Beard

The only way he can have her parental rights terminated is to marry someone and then can file an stepparent adoption petition.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney at Law 219 East Davis Street, Suite 350 Culpeper, VA 22701-3013

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search