Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My husband wants to modify his child support obligation because I have remarried and therefore have a second income. I live in Virginia. Can he do that?

Asked on 7/18/13, 7:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, not on the basis of your new spouse's income which cannot be

factored into the calculations required under the Virginia Child Support Guidelines to determine your former husband's child support obligation

since this individual (your new spouse) has NO LEGAL DUTY to support the child(ren) of your first marriage.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 8:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now