Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/19/06, 8:07 pm

mother in contempt of court, will not follow court order

I haven't seen my chidren for 4 months, went to court, the mother was ordered to allow me to see my two girls (18mo and 4 mo.). She refuses to let me see them. I can go back and hold her in contempt but it may take several months.

What can I do to see my children now?

The court ordered papers to allow me to see them don't seem to be enough for her. I haven't seen my newborn but twice.

PS her stepfather is a city cop in the same town that I am trying to see my children. He too refused to let me have them when I went to pick them up.

I do have a past record. Felonies. Can they refuse me my chidlren because of B and E. charges? They appealed to circuit court the day the judge gave me visitation. Now I must go to circuit court. I have no money.

How can I get a pro bono lawyer?

I want to see my children as soon as possible. What can I do to get these people to give me my court ordered visits?

What help is available to me for upcoming circuit court?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search