Virginia  |  Family Law

mother in contempt of court, will not follow court order

I haven't seen my chidren for 4 months, went to court, the mother was ordered to allow me to see my two girls (18mo and 4 mo.). She refuses to let me see them. I can go back and hold her in contempt but it may take several months.

What can I do to see my children now?

The court ordered papers to allow me to see them don't seem to be enough for her. I haven't seen my newborn but twice.

PS her stepfather is a city cop in the same town that I am trying to see my children. He too refused to let me have them when I went to pick them up.

I do have a past record. Felonies. Can they refuse me my chidlren because of B and E. charges? They appealed to circuit court the day the judge gave me visitation. Now I must go to circuit court. I have no money.

How can I get a pro bono lawyer?

I want to see my children as soon as possible. What can I do to get these people to give me my court ordered visits?

What help is available to me for upcoming circuit court?