Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/25/13, 10:25 am

I have shared custody of my daughters; their Mother has legal right to move with them provided she gives me 30days notice. I have not received notice as of today. Their Mother does have her house on the market for sale and has made several trips to NC looking for a new home. She has also informed me after I requested a special meeting that she and her husband are actively seeking employment in NC. My girls want to stay with me, they do not want to move. Unfortunately their Mother still wants them to move out of state from VA to NC. What steps should I take to keep my girls here in VA with me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search