Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/18/05, 1:12 pm

signature forgery

My soon-to-be ex-husband forged my signature to withdraw approximately $150,000 from our joint stock account in the middle of uncontested divorce. The joint account was set-up to require both of our signatures to make withdrawals. I am moving forward with divorce but I very much want him to return the money or get prosecuted for forging my signature if he doesn't return the money. I asked him to return the money and he refused to do so. Is there anything that can be done about that aside form stalling the divorce? Can I press criminal charges? I froze what was left in the account but I have not contacted the bank to complain about the signature forgery. I need to understand what options I have or what steps I can take before I do anything.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search