Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

visitations with father sex offender

can a father get visitations to see kids if he is a sex offender. he lives out of state in sc. hasnt seen them in 9 yrs been in jail. and they dont want to see him or talk with him kids are 12 and 15 divorce paper says agreed upon visitations if both partys agree to it.

Asked on 3/18/09, 6:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: visitations with father sex offender

Well, if the current order governing this particular issue, i.e., the divorce decree requires

the agreement of both parties, then, if the mother

doesn't agree to this visitation, the father is not entitled to receive it, unless there's a subsequent valid court order which allows for it.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/09, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now