Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

H1 transfer to another company - is it a new employment or change in previously

I am currently an H1-B holder and going to transfer to another company. In form I-129, Part 2, ''Basis for Classification'', I should choose ''New Employment'' or ''Change in Previously Approved Employment''?

Thank you very much.

Asked on 9/16/04, 12:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathon Moseley Office of Jonathon Moseley
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: H1 transfer to another company - is it a new employment or change in previou

You are calling this a "transfer" which begs the question. Is there any relationship between the first company and the second company? If these are two different companies, then you need a whole new H-1 visa with the new company. I have seen sometimes the new company will contract with the old company for your services, paying the old company until you get your new H-1 visa. That is, the new company pays the old company and the old company pays you under the old H-1 visa. And you do work for the new company. However, any way you look at it, you need to file for a new H-1 visa as soon as possible with the new company.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/04, 8:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now