Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

Basiclly I want to write up a sublease but the tenent that is going to be coming in may or may not do the entire 12 month lease depending on if he can find a job after he finishes school this winter. So I want to write the lease in such a way that says he owes me 3 months of rent if he terminates early but put a caveat that says if we can find a replacement roommate than he only needs to pay the difference between his moveout date and the new roommates movin date. Can someone give me a paragraph I can throw in the sublease saying this? I am not very good at writing stuff and making it sound professional.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Find an attorney willing to draft an amendment to the standard lease form that you've been using to rent to tenants for a fee equal to one hour of his or her professional time (would be my recommendation).

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia