Virginia  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/21/13, 9:22 am

Basiclly I want to write up a sublease but the tenent that is going to be coming in may or may not do the entire 12 month lease depending on if he can find a job after he finishes school this winter. So I want to write the lease in such a way that says he owes me 3 months of rent if he terminates early but put a caveat that says if we can find a replacement roommate than he only needs to pay the difference between his moveout date and the new roommates movin date. Can someone give me a paragraph I can throw in the sublease saying this? I am not very good at writing stuff and making it sound professional.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/22/13, 10:39 am by Michael E. Hendrickson

Find an attorney willing to draft an amendment to the standard lease form that you've been using to rent to tenants for a fee equal to one hour of his or her professional time (would be my recommendation).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search