Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Virginia

I was informed that I was listed on exposingjohns.com as a solicitor of a prostitute and I was hoping for some guidance on how to go about dealing with this situation. I did contact a ad as part of a study my friend was doing on the locations of prostitutes in the area but I never agreed to any money exchange or to meet and I never did meet. I can pay exposing Johns to delete the listing of me on their site but they only do it after an investigation and I want to know if that is what I should do or if I should contact authorities about the situation? Any guidance or information you can provide would be highly appreciated.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Why start "tippy toeing " any further, so to speak, into this potential

pool of bribery which could lead you to who knows where

and which is virtually guaranteed NOT to be a place where any reasonably sensible person would want to be?

Furthermore, this business of these predators supposedly having to do "an investigation" in order to delete you from their extortionate

website is pure baloney and merely designed to further ensnare the unwary

into their web of lies and deceit and financial exploitation (my opinion).

And, no, if I were you i would not be contacting the "authorities" regarding the

situation you've described.

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Virginia