Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I have lost the deed or title to a piece of property in Warren County Virginia. I was told it would take 1800 dollars to retreive a copy. I have been paying taxes on this land and my grandfather owned the piece of property. I am not sure it the deed or title to the land has been transferred to me correctly.

Asked on 8/07/09, 11:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you go to the land records section of the Warren County Circuit Court and explain your situation to one of the clerks, someone there should be able to point you in the direction of

looking up the deed that is on file for this property and, perhaps, can assist in providing you with a certified copy.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/09, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now