Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/07/13, 12:39 pm

A neighbor asked to borrow money. She's selling her house and I want to lend the money and file a lien against the sale of the house to make sure I get my money back. What's the best way to do that in Virginia? Can I do it myself with a promissory note and/or security agreement or is an attorney required.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/07/13, 5:07 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Best to hire an attorney who handles real estate transactions in the Commonwealth (in my opinion).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search