Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/13/12, 3:35 am

My oldest daughter & grandchildren live with me. We are changing school districts in Va. Beach. The new school wants us to do a shared housing agreement. I dont think I should have to sign the form. She is my daughter. I agree, she is living with me. But we dont pool our resources and I dont want to be responsible for her. the school wont let us enroll unless we sign the form. Is this legal? Do I have to sign it? Please Help!

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/04/12, 8:04 pm by Jonathon Moseley

I hope this isn't too late. I doubt that they are telling you what KIND of document to sign. That woudl be wrong. But they really just need (I believe) SOME kind of proof that your daughter actually lives there. They certainly do not have a right to dictate what kind of relationship you have or make you sign any particular kind of document. But if she does not have a normal lease, you need to come up with something that proves she actually lives there. I would suggest that you sign a lease with her even if it is only for $1 a month.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Moseley & Associates Law Firm 1818 Library Street, Suite 500 Reston, VA 20190

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search