Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I recently post dated a check for a security deposit (1st month rent) on an property from a land lord. Now I have decided that I don't want the place anymore. I never signed a lease, all I have is a hand written receipt for the check. Would I be able to get my check back? Or do I have to call that a loss?

Asked on 2/06/12, 1:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As the old saw goes, "Them that don't ask (usually)

don't get".

Read more
Answered on 2/06/12, 2:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now