Virginia  |  Tax Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/09/10, 5:39 pm

I committed embezzelment within the Commonwealth of Virginia for the amount of approx. $150,000.00 over a period of (6) years. I was found guilty under a signed restitution agreement that specifed the repayment amount. Then two years later I received 1099's for misc, income for each the six years. My question is "If I signed a plead agreement,paying restitution, served time, how can I be 1099 for monies that I am paying back under a restitution order ? Its either income or not.Can a tax or criminal defense attorney clarify this situation for me?

Thank you,


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search