Washington  |  Business Law

I am a member of and LLC that runs a business with a commercial lease. Simultaneously, I am a personal guarantor on the commercial space lease.

After working in the business in 2006 as an employee for only 3 months, the manager of the LLC fired me and forced me out of the physical space. He also removed all right I had to make decisions on behalf of the business. The next day he changed the locks. I clearly had no way to influence the business after that point.

3 years later, the business is performing poorly under his management. I have not been back since. Now they are facing bankruptcy and closing the doors. The landlord and other leasing companies are after all personal guarantors directly.

Do I have recourse against my partners, and/or defense against the impending lawsuit from creditors, as I had no ability to perform in the business? Am I doomed to bankruptcy as well? I do not have the personal income or assets to pay the leases.