Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

deposition in relocation case

I requsted to relocate with minor children (I'm the custodial parent); objection by father of the children was filed. GAL wrote a report asking for more time for futher investigation. Hearing is set for next week. I received request from opposing's party attorney for my disposition. Disposition is set in a wek after the hearing. At the hearing commisioner likely to set another date allowing more time for GAL work. Why the opponent's lawyer wants to deposit me? I'm wondering about the timing of it?

Thank you.

Jahnis Abelite ABELITE LAW OFFICES, P.S.

Re: deposition in relocation case

The other lawyer want sto find out more about your pending move, the reasons for it, the timing of it, etc. In other words, the other lawyer wants to see exactly what is going on with you and this planned move to see whether his client should resist your relocation or try and work out a compromise on the visitation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington