Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

the parental rights of my children were terminated myself and children are native american of tyme maidu tribe berry creek rancheria in oroville calif. as far as i was aware when rights are terminated so is the child support obligation to them. my question is if my rights were terminated and for the last six years i have been being charged 2,000 dollars child support a month for the children i have no rights to . do i have legal leg to stand on to fight for reimbursement of the money they have taken for current support every month all this time?

Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.

This is an interesting question. What jurisdiction terminated your parental rights? I would first ask if there was an actual termination of parental rights. Second, who is taking child support? Is it the state of WA? CA? The tribe? It does appear you might have a remedy but there is not enough information here to go on.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington