Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I was convicted of DWI in Michigan when I was a Michigan resident in March, 2007. I now live in Washington state and have a Washington state drivers license. A new job will require travel into Canada. If they choose to look it up, will Canadian customs see my conviction?

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC

I am not licensed to practice law in Canada, however I get this question all the time and refer people to Canadian immigration attorneys. From what I've been told and understand, with a DWI, you will not be allowed to enter Canada without a special visa, and I also understand the Canadian authorities will be aware of your conviction, which is why they will turn you away in the first place. Again, I recommend you get in touch with the Canadian immigration attorney to assist you.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington