Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I was convicted of DWI in Michigan when I was a Michigan resident in March, 2007. I now live in Washington state and have a Washington state drivers license. A new job will require travel into Canada. If they choose to look it up, will Canadian customs see my conviction?

Asked on 6/19/13, 11:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I am not licensed to practice law in Canada, however I get this question all the time and refer people to Canadian immigration attorneys. From what I've been told and understand, with a DWI, you will not be allowed to enter Canada without a special visa, and I also understand the Canadian authorities will be aware of your conviction, which is why they will turn you away in the first place. Again, I recommend you get in touch with the Canadian immigration attorney to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now