Washington  |  Juvenile Dependency

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/12/09, 12:47 pm

Dear Attorney:

My case is a dependency case up in Washington State specifically Snohomish County. This one is for those who understand the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978. I have had several social workers on my case and attorneys who sided with them and I let them go. I am a pro bono client in need of an attorney who will agree to a payment on commission. There is way more to tell but time is short.

I am 5/16th Aleut Alaska Native. My children are what I believe to be 5/32nds. What degree of blood quantum must the child be to qualify under the ICWA of 1978?

I am also looking to find a lawyer to represent me when I sue the Department for goings on for the past 6 years. I have collected documents and filed them in sequential order. I am a paralegal student three quarters into my studies.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search