Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Washington

Dear Attorney:

My case is a dependency case up in Washington State specifically Snohomish County. This one is for those who understand the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978. I have had several social workers on my case and attorneys who sided with them and I let them go. I am a pro bono client in need of an attorney who will agree to a payment on commission. There is way more to tell but time is short.

I am 5/16th Aleut Alaska Native. My children are what I believe to be 5/32nds. What degree of blood quantum must the child be to qualify under the ICWA of 1978?

I am also looking to find a lawyer to represent me when I sue the Department for goings on for the past 6 years. I have collected documents and filed them in sequential order. I am a paralegal student three quarters into my studies.

Christopher Steuart IT Forensics, Inc.

I am not going to answer your substantive question, but I can tell you that an attorney who accepted your fee proposal in all probability violates WSBA rules of professional conduct. By commission, I think you mean a contingent fee.

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Washington