Legal Question in Employment Law in Washington

Found old uncashed paycheck

I found a paycheck which is now 4 years old--it was never cashed. What rights, if any, do I have in this situation? What should I know when I approach the former employer to make good on the check (banks say they won't accept the check because of its age). What should I do/not do?

Thank you.

Asked on 5/23/07, 3:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Merry Kogut Key Peninsula Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Found old uncashed paycheck

Checks expire after six months. If it were me, I'd ask the employer if they're willing to cut a new check for them. They may be willing to do it, in which case, problem is solved.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/07, 3:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now