Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

We have an old estate that had wills leaving shares in a family farm to 3 sons. The will was probated but no quit claim deeds were filed. Is the transfer legal in Washington State?

Asked on 7/25/13, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The question is: What transfer? Without a deed there has been no transferThe personal representative was supposed to sign and record Personal Representative Deed (

If, as is likely based on your question, the estate has been closed, you will need to reopen the estate for the express purpose of executing the deeds.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now