Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Felony Escape Charges

I was ordered to serve jail time in Northern Wisonsin on a driving after revocation violation and I failed to report because I had no one to take care of my child. We now live in Illinois, will they go over state lines to get me? I now have felony escape charges pending. Is there any Statute of Limitations on doing the jail time or the charges I have pending? I did ask the judge to transfer my jail time to Illinois to care for my child but it was denied. I am nervous to contact them since I don't have anyone to care for my child.

Jay K. Nixon NIXON LAW OFFICES

Re: Felony Escape Charges

Unfortunately, Wisconsin will usually extradite for a felony. You are probably best off retaining an

attorney to attempt to resolve it before you come back (or before "they" provide the transportation

for you!--and I don't mean in a limo). This sounds like something which could very well be

voluntarily resolved without uprooting your life too much with proper handling.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA