Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Felony Escape Charges

I was ordered to serve jail time in Northern Wisonsin on a driving after revocation violation and I failed to report because I had no one to take care of my child. We now live in Illinois, will they go over state lines to get me? I now have felony escape charges pending. Is there any Statute of Limitations on doing the jail time or the charges I have pending? I did ask the judge to transfer my jail time to Illinois to care for my child but it was denied. I am nervous to contact them since I don't have anyone to care for my child.

Jay K. Nixon NIXON LAW OFFICES

Re: Felony Escape Charges

Unfortunately, Wisconsin will usually extradite for a felony. You are probably best off retaining an

attorney to attempt to resolve it before you come back (or before "they" provide the transportation

for you!--and I don't mean in a limo). This sounds like something which could very well be

voluntarily resolved without uprooting your life too much with proper handling.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin