Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Felony Escape Charges

I was ordered to serve jail time in Northern Wisonsin on a driving after revocation violation and I failed to report because I had no one to take care of my child. We now live in Illinois, will they go over state lines to get me? I now have felony escape charges pending. Is there any Statute of Limitations on doing the jail time or the charges I have pending? I did ask the judge to transfer my jail time to Illinois to care for my child but it was denied. I am nervous to contact them since I don't have anyone to care for my child.

Asked on 3/27/00, 11:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Felony Escape Charges

Unfortunately, Wisconsin will usually extradite for a felony. You are probably best off retaining an

attorney to attempt to resolve it before you come back (or before "they" provide the transportation

for you!--and I don't mean in a limo). This sounds like something which could very well be

voluntarily resolved without uprooting your life too much with proper handling.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/00, 5:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now