Legal Question in Immigration Law in Wisconsin

Deportation

I have a male family member currently incarcerated awaiting deportation to Pakistan. Is there a possibility he might be able to get to Canada to apply for residency based on humanitatian reasons. He was born in PAK but as a very young child moved to the UAE and at the age of 12 came to the USA and has been here since. I married his mom and applied for her green card but he was 18 at the time and I couldn't bring him under the application as I did the other minor children. He has never lived in PAK and returning there will be as going to an alien country . His current situation is a a result of 9-11 and circumstances beyond his control.

Brian Brophy Sipsma, Hahn, & Brophy L.L.C.

Re: Deportation

I need to ask a few more questions in order to give you guidance.

Are you and your wife still Permanent Residents? Or have you naturalized to become citizens? Is your family member married to a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident?

What was the reason for your family member's arrest? Does he have a criminal record?

Perhaps I can provide some guidance once I receive the answers.

Thank you!

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Wisconsin