Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

i had resigned from a government job 4 years back and it was accepted and i was releived (only releving mentioned) . i also had to pay one month salary as instructed. now i received a letter from them after 4 years to submit a file which they are quoting i took charge of about 7 years ago. how legal i am bounded to answer them. also is ther any time period for government to ask for some record after 4 years of accepted resignation. please revert ASAP.

Asked on 7/19/21, 10:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

The department is well within its rights to seek explanation about the work executed by you while you were in service if by all reasonableness, the employee would remember. In case you have forgotten, you may reply the same to the department. However, if the matter pertains to any act contrary to law, you may have to face it despite being relieved from service.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/21, 9:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India