Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Good Morning,

I am writing about my property Issue which I want to make it clear before approaching Lawyer.

Issue here is my Mother's father had earned property and my Mother's mother hold an ownership as father had expired 20yrs back.

Family tree of my mother 2 brother's and 6 Sisters in which 2 Sister's are no more.

Issue starts here 2 brother's don't want to share property with Sisters. Only both of them will distribute the property and won't want to entertain sister's in any of property which worth value is 5 Cr.

Requesting to suggest and guide us can we fight for share, Do we also have right in property share, Still Mother is alive. Can we send we notice etc.



Asked on 9/03/23, 9:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear Ishan

as per Hindu Succession Act, the property should devolve upon all your grandmother, brothers and sisters to the tune of 1/9th each. As far as deceased two sisters are concerend, their legal heirs viz. husband and children are entitled to 1/9th share of their wife/mother. It is advisable to file a suit for partition and stay by impleading all the brothers and sisters as party.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/23, 11:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India