Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Please tell

1 What happens when same case is filed in different courts?

2 I have filed an interim application asking for stipend in matter between Government and Private Colleges in Supreme Court of India in 2010. Later when i was not able to proceed it in Supreme Court, i filed petition in High Court of Jabalpur in 2012 regarding the same, the intrim application in the Supreme Court exists? What should i do now?

Asked on 9/26/13, 12:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

1. A case cannot be filed in two separate Courts at the same time.

2. The Supreme Court will never intervene till such time as the High Court decides and disposes your petition. You should follow up your case at the Jabalpur High Court pleading early hearing and judgement.

By rule, a case in any High Court must be heard and disposed off within three months fromt the date of lodgement. A case in the Supreme Court has to be heard and disposed within six months from the date it is lodged.


Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 4:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India