Legal Question in Constitutional Law in India

I live in Mumbai and am 17 years old.I am Jain and my boyfriend is Muslim. I wanna leave my parents' house and live on my own because they abuse me alot calling words like 'slut', 'whore', 'prostitute', 'call girl',etc whenever they come to know that I had met my boyfriend. I wish to leave their place and live on my own terms even if they don't agree to it. Is it illegal in India? Can they press any possible charges if I leave their house without their permission ?

Asked on 10/20/17, 2:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You are minor and also immature to take decision. What is the guarantee that this Muslim man will not cheat you and will marry you? In Muslim law he can give you divorce on the next day of your first night and he will also ask you to convert in Muslim. Go with the advise of your parents who are your true well wishers and go with their advise.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/17, 6:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in India