Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

sir i am electricity consumer and paying electric bill month on month basis but now my electric meter reader is asking us that the reading is very high and he has sent us a bill amounting to 3800 for a month . i am paying rs 200-250 on an average per month and he was also asking for bribe to handle all the issue but we didn't pay him thats why he has sent us rs3800 bill for a month. so plz give me a legal advice on this

Asked on 12/14/13, 7:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

are you paying the bill by meter reading or not? you can complain about the faulty meter yhenm the department will put a test meter to check the present meter..If they still dont listen you can file the case before the consumer forum and take a stay on disconnection

Read more
Answered on 12/14/13, 9:52 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Electricity bill are paid according to the meter readings ,if you think that your meter is faulty you can complain in the electricity department about the faulty meter.If the concerned department doesn't respond then you can approach consumer forum of your district.

Read more
Answered on 12/17/13, 9:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India