Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in India

We are company based in UAE. We sold goods on credit to establishment here whose owners were Indian passport holder. The owners defaulted to honor the cheques issued to us and escaped to India. We filed a police case against the dishonored cheques. Based on the Police report can we file a case in Indian courts.

Kindly guide/advise

Asked on 10/24/20, 6:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


The offence has been committed in UAE. Indian court do not have jurisdiction to entertain case against those individuals.

You may procure execution orders from UAE court and then send to to India for the purpose of its execution against those individuals.

WHat kind of establishment were they running in UAE?


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/17/20, 1:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in India