Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I belongs to sebc cast. And in our cast divorce on stamp paper is valid. So me and my second husband got divorce on stamp paper. And we got married last year. After few months my husband's first wife call me and told me that she did not gave divorce to my husband as they went to court to avail divorce decree by 13b. And she gave pirsis in court that she was forced to sign on stamp paper. And court has dismissed the application.( dismissed by default ) she also gave notice in news paper. My husband and his family also harassing me for money and humiliated me and beated me. I called her first wife to support me to fight a case against my husband. But she denied to help me she told me that now u both r married so plz dnt disturb me. Now can I file a 494 and 498 a case against my husband ?

Asked on 4/21/19, 9:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Your husband's first marriage is not relevant at this stage. You may consider filing a criminal complaint against your husband under 498-A IPC; You may also consider approaching authorities under the Domestic Violence Act.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/19, 7:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India