Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I m at my parents home ahmedabad. nd I want to file F.I.R for 498a against my husband and inlaws who is living in other city. I heard about new judgement of sc in which victim can file case in court where she took shelter. . Can I file f.i.r to ahmedabad and can charge sheet file in ahmedabad metropolitan court ? Why Police says mam u hv to file case in court where ur inlaws residing and offence occur. Why not implementation is followed by police and lawyer to file my case from my parents home city court.

Asked on 4/21/19, 4:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

You may tell the authorities in Ahmedabad that "cruelty" and "domestic violence" are continuing offence. Therefore, the police of your area has jurisdiction over the offenders. You may also make a written application to the higher authorities and annex a copy of the SC judgement with your application.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/19, 7:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India