Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My husband looted my and my mother's money by misguided me and emotionally blackmailing me.he and his family started beating me ane mentally harrassing me while I asked to give me money back..he has heated me much last month and for fetch more money from my mom. Now I m at my mother's home and suffering from depression. What should I do to recover money and for justice.

Asked on 4/19/19, 10:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sanjay. K. Dixit, Advocate. Sanjay K Dixit, Advocate @ Karnataka Bar Council Enrolement No: "KAR/898/2007"

Ma'am, You can lodge a Criminal Complaint for Cruelty through husband U/s.498A of an Indian Penal Code 1860, Amended, at your home jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/19, 9:48 am
Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

In addition to the above listed option, you may also:

1. Approach a "protection officer" under the Domestic Violence Act;

2. Demand your right of residence in the "shared home" and live there with dignity as a matter of right since that is your "matrimonial home".

3. Claim back all your money and your mom's money taken away by your husband;

4. Claim compensation for the "violence" suffered by you.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/19, 7:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India