Legal Question in Criminal Law in United Kingdom

I been fraud and i want to know if I can take legal action against the company who did it.

. My name is Andreea and i am working for Temps recruitment. Three weeks ago I received my pay slip for my weekly payment 221.45 £, but on Friday the money wasn't transferred into my account. So I called them to ask what is happening and they told me to call the company Zeva because I need to confirm my bank account details ( I didn't know about this company, because Temps didn't inform me that the transfer of money is taking place through this company) , anyway, I called this company Zeva and they told me that someone use my name and that person knew all my bank account details plus the security question and tell them to transfer my money 221.45£, into someone else's account. I filled a criminal report to the police, I spoke with Temps and they told me that this is a fraud and is out of their hands. I need to update a fact , I ask the Zeva company if they are having any type of proof , any recording of that conversation between the person who use my name and them and they told me that they don't have any proof and is just only their word. I am suspecting that Zeva company committed the fraud because nobody knows my card details and security question besides the bank , Temps and them. I didn't know about the existence of this company until now because Temps recruitment didn't informed me. I want to know if I can take legal action against them because cause me so much stress and I don't want to let them get away with this. Please tell me if I can do this and more important if I can win this. Thank you

Asked on 7/13/17, 3:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear Client,

Yes, you can sue. You should also investigate the reputation of Temps. Temps may have had something to do with it.

If you are eligible, you should look for government-funded legal assistance in order to retain a lawyer so that you can take this case to court.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/17, 6:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in United Kingdom