Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My friend assaulted a lawyer who is his neighbour in the society since the lawyer was constantly harassing him.

After coming out from jail, he wants to rent out a new place however because of police verification problem he cannot find a place on rent. What should he do ?

Asked on 2/21/23, 10:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Your friend has not been convicted till now. So the most appropriate stance would be to take the property on rent from the landlord and once a deal is struck, then your friend should request the local police through the SHO or any other officer such as reader that no extreme adverse remark maybe be mentioned in the report. It should be clearly stated in the police verification report that your friend has been implicated and the matter is pending investigation or would be sub judice i.e. until adjudicated. .

The other alternative is to compromise with the lawyer and file a joint petition before the High Court for quashing of the FIR. In case the FIR is quashed at an early occasion then the adverse remark in the verification report could be avoided.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/23, 1:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India