Legal Question in Criminal Law in India


I have a criminal case in Patna civil court. Sage of the case is "cognizance". 1st party of the case is now ready to get into an agreement and close this case. So, I thought to apply this case in National Lok Adalat, however my local advocate says that this case can't be filed to National Lok Adalat because it is under cognizance stage.

So just want to know if there are any ways that I can use to apply this case in National Lok Adalat to get this case resolved.

Appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Asked on 8/16/22, 4:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Your advocate is right in his opinion. You have not even been summoned till now or may have been recently summoned. Now let me tell you that to get your case decided by a national lok adalat or any lok adalat for that matter, the matter has to be compoundable, if it is, then apply for compounding and wait for the next lok adalat to be held. In case your matter is not compoundable then apply for plea bargaining and then move to lok adalat in the aforesaid way.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/22, 11:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India