Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I purchased 3 farm plots from developer somewhere in 1996,1998 & 2000. As I a m not a farmer the developer formed cooperative society & we were made members of it & alloted the shares of the society.The developer states that he sold us land on the basis of Power of Attorneys being executed in his favour by the earlier land owners.When we want to do something on our farm land original farmers threaten us saying it is not our land & it belongs to them.Meanwhile Developer had given us 7/12 extracts of the land after lot of followup with him by us ,in the name of the cooperative society.When we checked these 7/12 extracts with Talathi office they turned out to be bogus ones & land still exists in the original land owners name.The purchase deeds of land between developer & us are duly registered in Registar's office at Karjat, Raigad. Now the developer is just giving some excuses & is not ready to give us 7/12 extracts in Society's name.The land remains in the name of original land owners.Developer is giving us false assurances that he is talking to the land owners, he has filed suit against land owners, soon 7/12 extract will be made available to us etc.This he is doing for last 2-3 years (after we found in 2011 that bogus 7/12 extracts were given to us ). He is neither ready to give us copy of power of attorney or other documents executed by him with original land owners.He says landowner who executed power of attorney in his favour is dead now & his heirs are not cooperting for transferring land in our favour in land records.They(heirs) are asking for lot of money. What is our status in this case & What we can do.Developer was earlier also arrested in Nasik for some land deals.We had sent also him advocate's notice in 2011 to give us 7/12 extracts but neither he responded nor the advocate was interested in case thereafter. We had even sent bogus 7/12 extracts & our complaints to Collector Raigad ,Tahasildar,Karjat but nothing was done.Please advice what we can do now?

Asked on 12/10/13, 1:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

An appropriate advice may not be possible without studying your documents. You may need to discuss your case with a lawyer who may properly advise you after reading the documents.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/13, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India