Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

A woman neighbour has filed a false molestation case as well as house trespass case against me because we had a quarrel over neighbourhood issues in the past.

I entered her house after she was not listening to me since the plumber on the terrace had instructed all residents to keep taps open to check for blockage in the water supply line. She refused to open the taps.

I need to go abroad within a week for my job.

Can police arrest me without evidence just based on her written complaint?

Can I ask the court to quash my case within 2 days and ask the court to direct the woman and police to compensate me financially for wrongful arrest and arrest the woman for perjury?

How many maximum hearings do I have to attend since I do not get enough leave to attend hearings and how long it will take for the court to dispose off my case approximately?

What will be my total legal cost approximately?

Asked on 1/08/19, 5:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanjay. K. Dixit, Advocate. Sanjay K Dixit, Advocate @ Karnataka Bar Council Enrolement No: "KAR/898/2007"

Dear Sir/Madam,

Within 24 hours of giving complaint at the Police station, that they have power to lodge F.I.R, and do arrest, then apply for anticipatory bail through approaching a Lawyer at your jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/19, 11:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India