Legal Question in Discrimination Law in India

Hi, I am Sonal and my father passed away in may 2004. At the time the ancestral property of around 28 Acres of agricultural land was undivided between 5 brothers (including my father). Recently one if my uncles divided the property amongst themselves; my brother being one of the beneficiary; but without my concent or even letting me know about it. Now that I am aware that something like this has happened, will I be able to demand my fare share although I am married?? Pls extend your help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Asked on 2/01/16, 1:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Dear client as ancestral property is not still divided so first it has to be divided. Once yr father share decide then u can claim yr share from father's share. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil



Read more
Answered on 2/01/16, 3:31 am
Vivek Mapara Vivek N. Mapara

Dear Client

You and your brother both being legal heirs of your father, have equal right / share in the estate of your father, comprised in the aforesaid ancestral lands. You can file a Civil Suit for Partition. Do not late, as limitation is running against you.

Feel free to contact should you have any questions

Vivek N Mapara

Read more
Answered on 2/01/16, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in India