Legal Question in Elder Law in India

Hi my husband s mother stays in the old age home in karnataka she's 83 and we pay the monthly allowance for her stay We stay abroad. My husband s brother wants us to take mother and tells us that he will lodge a police compliant against us if we don't take her out of the old age home. And neither does he want to look after her. If he lodges a complaint against us will we have to face court? Or the police

Asked on 8/22/18, 4:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

You need not get scared of such threats as even the brother of your husband is equally responsible to take care of the mother. As he is in India, it is his responsibility to take care of mother. You people being abroad can at the most help mother financially. In case he lodges any false complaint, you may retain services for a lawyer here and defend yourself.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/18, 12:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in India