Legal Question in Family Law in India

my brother brought me to my maternal home (mayeka) after 7 years of my marriage as i was facing problem from my husband due to frequent disputes.

At that point in time my parents were alive and knew about my condition, but now they are no more.

Its been over 20 years that i have been living here with my 2 children and all this time he(my brother) has been making us do all the household and office work for him.

Now the problem is that since my children and myself are now not able tolerate his harassment he threatens us to leave the house.


1) Can my brother legally get me to leave the house by calling cops ?

2) Do i have no right as even I'm a daughter and have been staying from the time they were alive.( Though the house is under brother's name)

Asked on 6/01/13, 3:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

dear client the house is in yr brothers name then u have no rights in the house. if he wants he can remove u from the house. try to find out new house for u before things become out off control. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 11:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India