Legal Question in Family Law in Nigeria

My brother's baby mama left London with their five year old daughter without his consent. They had the child as a result of an extra marital affair and were never married. He has been trying to perfect his stay in the UK and needs the presence of the child for same. The child was born in London and therefore a citizen even though my brother and the lady are Nigerians. My brother has been financially responsible for the welfare of the child and a UK court has ruled that my brother is entitled to joint custody of the child. We learnt the Lady is in Nigeria and married to someone. How do we get her to obey the existing court orders and enable my brother to have access to his child again or if possible return him to the UK

Asked on 2/14/18, 5:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rotimi Ogunlade Rotimi Ogunlade & Associates

Since a court in Uk has ruled on the matter then you can get a certified copy of the ruling and register it in a Nigerian court for the purpose of enforcement and compliance. If you need further assistance feel free to contact me on my email [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 2/14/18, 6:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nigeria