Legal Question in Family Law in Ethiopia

I am an Indian male of 37 years old , i am married to an ethiopian female aged 24 years , we have a three year old female baby , we want to apply for divorce now , i want to keep the baby with me after divorce , is it possible ? do i have to give any compensation for that ?

Pls reply sir

Asked on 4/07/15, 8:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear Sir;

We understand that you are married to an Ethiopian citizen and wanted to file a divorce ad have custody. Regarding custody of the child, the court will be the one deciding such arrangement. While doing that, the court will take in to consideration the best interest of the child. The spouse who is having the custody of the child may receive child maintenance allowance. However there is no such thing as getting compensation to be the legal guardian of a child. For further information you can email us.

Kind Regards,

Read more
Answered on 4/08/15, 12:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ethiopia